Part – time SUNFLOWER CASEWORKER (Community DAP) – Welwyn & Hatfield £22 037.50 p.a. (pro-rata) Monday – Friday 9am to 5:30pm 18.75hrs/wk – Ref: SCDAP003
This is a fixed term Contract part time position to be reviewed on
31 March 2020.
Location: Covering Welwyn and Hatfield, Herts
Closing Date: 31st May 2019 at 17:30
JOB REFERENCE: SCDAP004
Safer Places is an independent charity which provides a comprehensive range of services to adults and children affected by domestic and sexual abuse and family conflict who live in Essex and Hertfordshire. We are governed by a board of Trustees. The people who use our services are at the heart of our organisation and we aim to work to enable them to overcome the impact of their experience and to build a brighter and safe future for themselves and their children.
We have part time Sunflower Caseworker (Community Domestic Abuse Practitioner) position operating in Hertfordshire Area.
• Your paid holiday will be based on an annual entitlement of 28 days (pro-rata hours worked)
• Your hours of work will be based on a normal working week of 18.75 hours per week. You will work between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm from Monday to Friday.
• Office base: Isabella House
The role of Sunflower Community DAP involves:
• Providing a high level of structured support to an identified number of clients (and their children) who are living in the community as part of the Hertfordshire Sunflower hub programme which aims to support those experiencing domestic violence at a standard/medium risk.
• Ensuring clients have in place, and continuously review with them, robust risk management plans to support them living safely in the community and ensure that they always have 24 hour access to support in the event that a crisis arises and they need to be made safe by coming into refuge or otherwise additionally supported.
• Working closely with external agencies to meet the clients support needs where those needs are specialist e.g. Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Legal etc. and signposting and support clients to access the community based services.
This is a part time position, which requires the candidate to:
• Have a good understanding of domestic abuse including the impact of domestic abuse on victims and their children.
• Have theoretical, practical and procedural knowledge of civil and criminal justice remedies for victims of domestic abuse and their children.
• Understand Safeguarding and child protection issues, and the legal responsibilities surrounding these issues.
• Understand the principles of risk assessment, safety planning and risk management for victims of domestic abuse and their children.
• Understand the remits and resources of relevant statutory bodies and voluntary agencies.
• Understand and be committed to equal opportunities and diversity issues in policy and practice.
• Have computer literacy skills and have some experience of working with databases.
• Have excellent communication, negotiation and advisory skills, both written and verbal when interacting with a range of agencies and individuals.
• Have strong crisis management skills and the ability to deal with stressful and difficult situations.
• Participate fully in the ‘out of hours’ emergency services rota.
• Be subject to a DBS check
• Be a driver with access to a vehicle.
• Participate fully in the ‘out of hours’ emergency services rota
• Hold a Safe Lives IDVA training certificate or a relevant degree, or a vocational qualification, working towards/hold Level 3 Skills for Justice NVQ, or demonstrable equivalent experience and the ability and commitment to achieve qualification within 6 months of appointment.
• Safeguarding Adults Level 2 and / or Safeguarding Children Level 2 or demonstrable equivalent experience and the ability and commitment to achieve qualification within 6 months of appointment
Upon receiving an offer:
• All staff must complete a DBS disclosure due to the nature of our services. You will also be required to bring proof of ID.
• We are legally bound to check the eligibility of all candidates to work in the U.K. We therefore must have proof of your NI number (either the NI card or a recent wage slip.)
• As you will be driving in the course of your duties we are also bound by law to make sure your vehicle is safe and road worthy. We must see your driving licence, Insurance and MOT before you start work. Also needs to be insured for Business use.
• We will two satisfactory references, one of which should be from your most recent/current employer. Please let us know if we can request the references in advance.
To apply please complete the attached application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May 2019 at 17:30
NB Please quote job reference, job title and location on application form. Kindly follow the application guideline notes when completing the application form.
. No agencies.