Part Time HOUSING OFFICER – £23,196 pa pro rata
Closing Date: Monday 18th November 2019 23:59
We have part time a Housing Officer role
• Your paid holiday will be based on an annual entitlement of 28 days pro rata
• Your hours of work will be based on a normal working week of 18:75 hours per week. You will work between 9 am and 5:30 pm from Monday to Friday.
• Office base: Chelmsford
The key area of the role is to:
Ensure a quality rent collection and arrears recovery service in line with Safer Places Policies and Procedures. To provide accurate, sensitive and responsive rent account enquiry and information service. To assist in ensuring that the income is maximised and arrears of rent and other charges are kept to a minimum. To ensure the highest of standard of accommodation within Safer Places Estate, monitoring cleaning, decorating and maintenance. Ensuring all compliance for designated site is up to date an din order. To assist the Refuge Service Manager in conduction monthly checks of the accommodation including Health and Safety checks. To manager a caseload of clients who are at the end of their journey of DA support preparing for resettlement.
This is a permanent – Part Time position, which requires the candidate to have:
- Experience of rent Collection and arrears recovery
- Experience of dealing with vulnerable clients in a sensitive manner
- Experience of dealing with confidential and sensitive data • Good Numeracy and literacy skills
- Working knowledge of software packages i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, email and internet
- Be subject to a DBS check
- Be a driver with access to a vehicle.
- 5 GCSE’s grade C or above (to include Maths and English)
Upon receiving an offer:
• All staff must complete a DBS disclosure due to the nature of our services. You will also be required to bring proof of ID.
• We are legally bound to check the eligibility of all candidates to work in the U.K. We therefore must have proof of your NI number (either the NI card or a recent wage slip.)
• As you will be driving in the course of your duties we are also bound by law to make sure your vehicle is safe and road worthy. We must see your driving licence, Insurance and MOT before you start work. Also needs to be insured for Business use.
• We will two satisfactory references, one of which should be from your most recent/current employer. Please let us know if we can request the references in advance.
To apply please find below the job description and an application form. This should be completed and returned to email@example.com by no later than Monday 18th November 2019 23:59