INDEPENDENT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ADVISOR £22,037 – £26,137p.a. (depending on qualification)
Location: Essex / Hertfordshire
Closing Date: Monday 18th November at 23:59
We have full time Independent Domestic Violence Adviser
- Your paid holiday will be based on an annual entitlement of 28 days plus bank holidays
- Your hours of work will be based on a normal working week of 37.5 hours per week. You will work between 8 am and 10:00 pm from Monday to Friday including bank holidays.
The role of Independent Domestic Violence Adviser involves:
- Providing a high-quality frontline service to victims of domestic abuse, delivering a service to those at highest risk.
- Working within a multi-agency framework consisting of the MARAC and local partnership responses to domestic abuse.
- Maintaining high standards of professionalism and keep abreast of current legislation, standards, best practice and maintain a focus of continuous improvement
This is a full time position, which requires the candidate to:
- Identify and assess the risks and needs of domestic abuse victims using an evidence-based risk identification checklist.
- Focus on and prioritise high risk cases and provide a pro-active, short to medium term crisis intervention service through individual safety planning and personal support.
- Work with high risk victims of domestic abuse to help them access services to keep them and their children safe.
- Advocate for high risk victims with agencies who can help to address the domestic abuse by:
- Understanding the role of all relevant statutory and non-statutory services available to domestic abuse victims and how your role fits into them.
- Providing advocacy, emotional and practical support and information to victims including in relation to legal options, housing, health and finance.
- Working directly with all key agency partners to address the safety of high risk victims and ensuring that their safety plans are coordinated particularly through the MARAC.
- Manage a case load ensuring each client receives the appropriate service individual to their needs.
- Support the empowerment of the client and assist them in recognising the
This role also requires the candidate to:
- Have experience of working directly with victims of domestic violence
- Have experience working directly with vulnerable people.
- Have experience managing a caseload.
- Have experience working within a multi-agency and legislative framework.
- Have a good understanding of domestic abuse including the impact of domestic abuse on victims and their children.
- Have theoretical, practical and procedural knowledge of civil and criminal justice remedies for victims of domestic abuse and their children.
- Understand child protection issues, and the legal responsibilities surrounding these issues.
- Understand the principles of risk assessment, safety planning and risk management for victims of domestic abuse and their children.
- Be subject to a DBS check
- Be a driver with access to a vehicle
Some of the roles require specialisms in Housing or Complex Trauma
- Have computer literacy skills and have experience of working with databases.
- Hold a SAVE LIVES IDVA training certificate, or a relevant degree, or demonstrable equivalent experience and training in working with high risk victims of Domestic abuse in a statutory organisation, or a vocational qualification, and be willing to undertake relevant study.
- Safeguarding Adults Level 2 and / or Safeguarding Children Level 2 or demonstrable equivalent experience and the ability and commitment to achieve qualification within 6 months of appointment
Upon receiving an offer:
- All staff must complete a DBS disclosure due to the nature of our services. You will also be required to bring proof of ID.
- We are legally bound to check the eligibility of all candidates to work in the U.K. We therefore must have proof of your NI number (either the NI card or a recent wage slip.)
- As you will be driving in the course of your duties we are also bound by law to make sure your vehicle is safe and road worthy. We must see your driving licence, Insurance and MOT before you start work. Also needs to be insured for Business use.
- We will two satisfactory references, one of which should be from your most recent/current employer. Please let us know if we can request the references in advance.
To apply please find below the job description and an application form. This should be completed and returned to email@example.com by no later than Monday 18th November 23:59