COMMUNITY DOMESTIC ABUSE PRACTITIONER – Hertfordshire (Welwyn & Hatfield) £22 037.50 p.a. Monday – Friday 9am to 5:30pm 37.5hrs/wk – Ref: CDAPWH005
Location: Welwyn and Hatfield, Herts
Closing Date: 31st May 2019 at 17:30
JOB REFERENCE: CDAPWH006
Safer Places is an independent charity which provides a comprehensive range of services to adults and children affected by domestic and sexual abuse and family conflict who live in Essex and Hertfordshire. We are governed by a board of Trustees. The people who use our services are at the heart of our organisation and we aim to work to enable them to overcome the impact of their experience and to build a brighter and safe future for themselves and their children.
We have two full-time Community Domestic Abuse Practitioner positions operating in Hertfordshire Area
• Your paid holiday will be based on an annual entitlement of 28 days (pro-rata hours worked).
• Your hours of work will be based on a normal working week of 37.5 hours per week. You will work between 9 am and 5:30 pm from Monday to Friday.
• Office base: Isabella House
This role involves:
• Working as part of a team in the given locality delivering specialist high quality, safe and effective domestic abuse support to women, men and their children living in the area.
• Accepting referrals allocated by the service manager and commence an initial need and risk assessment with the client within the specified timescales initiating plans to manage and address risks, needs and immediate safety.
• Managing own case load, planning and delivery of support to clients and their children on the basis of risk and need.
This is a permanent – full time position, which requires the candidate to:
• Have experience working with vulnerable people.
• Have experience managing a caseload
• Have experience working within a multi-agency and legislative framework.
• Have a good understanding of domestic abuse including the impact of domestic abuse on victims and their children.
• Have theoretical, practical and procedural knowledge of civil and criminal justice remedies for victims of domestic abuse and their children.
• Understand Safeguarding and child protection issues, and the legal responsibilities surrounding these issues.
• Understand the principles of risk assessment, safety planning and risk management for victims of domestic abuse and their children.
• Understand the remits and resources of relevant statutory bodies and voluntary agencies.
• Understand and be committed to equal opportunities and diversity issues in policy and practice.
• Have computer literacy skills and have some experience of working with databases.
• Have excellent communication, negotiation and advisory skills, both written and verbal when interacting with a range of agencies and individuals.
• Have strong crisis management skills and the ability to deal with stressful and difficult situations.
• Have knowledge of Adult and Child Safeguarding principles, the relevant legislative framework and local and national guidance.
• Be subject to a DBS check
• Be a driver with access to a vehicle.
• Participate fully in the ‘out of hours’ emergency services rota
• Hold a Safe Lives IDVA training certificate, or a relevant degree, or working towards or hold Level 3 Skills for Justice NVQ, or demonstrable equivalent experience and the ability and commitment to achieve qualification within 6 months of appointment.
• Safeguarding Adults Level 2 and / or Safeguarding Children Level 2 or demonstrable equivalent experience and the ability and commitment to achieve qualification within 6 months of appointment
Upon receiving an offer:
• All staff must complete a DBS disclosure due to the nature of our services. You will also be required to bring proof of ID.
• We are legally bound to check the eligibility of all candidates to work in the U.K. We therefore must have proof of your NI number (either the NI card or a recent wage slip.)
• As you will be driving in the course of your duties we are also bound by law to make sure your vehicle is safe and road worthy. We must see your driving licence, Insurance and MOT before you start work. Also needs to be insured for Business use.
• We will two satisfactory references, one of which should be from your most recent/current employer. Please let us know if we can request the references in advance.
To apply please complete the attached application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May 2019 at 17:30
NB Please quote job reference, job title and location on application form. Kindly follow the application guideline notes when completing the application form.